Thursday, January 3, 2013

Rough Night

Maybe it was the crime drama I watched just before bed.
Or a culmination of only ever watching crime dramas - and eating a little snack of goat cheese and sesame seed crackers (still no sugar) right before bed, but I had unpleasant dreams of someone trying to kill me all night.
I woke up frustrated and upset.
I got miffed at the dog and accused her of peeing on the rug out of spite. It turns out only cats do that sort of thing and with dogs it is either a bladder infection or severe anxiety. Sorry, dog.
I think the symptoms of withdrawal are finally appearing. I did not expect them to take so long. I did not expect them to sneak up on me like this. Stupid ninja sugar withdrawal.
I'm a little cranky. Maybe not so much as the words make it seem.... like on a scale from 1 to 10 where one is pure joy, and 10 is Die world, Die! I'm really only at a 5.5... just tipping the scale at a slight - bummed.
Physically, I'm a little achy and stiff. About what I would expect after the little bit of lifting I did yesterday, and the short hike we went on. I am interested in the joint popping that is happening though.
I used to sound like a bag of popcorn in the microwave, but I haven't popped like that in years. I'm lucky to get the slightest release from a forward fold these days. Just in the last 20 minutes however, I had a pretty full release in my neck. It felt great. I tried the old favorite - the back twist, but didn't get anything. I'm totally going to keep an eye on that situation. I would love to be able to pop and crack again. It always felt so good.

I am not really expecting to lose a ton of weight doing this since I am pretty much just trading in sugar for fat, but since I do want to keep track of changes in my body I am going to use weight as a possible measurement of change. Last night I weighed in at 88.7 kilos (195.5lbs for those of you who are not huge science nerds) Just thought I should write it down somewhere. I may do other measurements tonight just for fun and curiosity. I am also going to be doing a lot of research on ways to make food fun... because I am already seriously bored with what is in the fridge.
Ok... cranky might be at a 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment